NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
MCUXpresso IDE is an Eclipse/CDT + GCC-based software development toolchain with many extensions that tailor it for the development and debugging of embedded applications running on NXP Cortex-M based microcontrollers. MCUXpresso IDE is designed to work tightly with NXP microcontroller evaluation boards and debug probes, as well as those from third parties. It is focused on ease of use and providing access to advanced features of NXP microcontrollers, and is used by many tens of thousands of designers around the globe.
This role within the NXP MCUXpresso IDE team is to to work closely with the existing team in the design, development and testing of various components and functionality within MCUXpresso IDE. The role will involve working on new functionality as well as enhancing existing product features. A key requirement of this role will be to gain a good understanding of the needs of our customers who design and debug with MCUXpresso IDE, and then use this knowledge to enhance the product.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronics
- Experience with C and C++: proved by having worked on robust/ large embedded applications
- Experience with hardware architectures, proved by having developed low-level drivers
- Familiar with flash memory programming
- Good experience within Windows and Linux application programming domain.
Some of the following skills would bring an advantage:
- Knowledge of Embedded Systems;
- Familiar with ARM architectures and/or microcontrollers
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language (such as Phyton/Perl), version control systems (such as GIT);
This is a tremendous opportunity to work alongside with some of the brightest, most experienced minds in the arena of embedded high-performance computing.
You will be part of a strong multinational company having the opportunity to develop together with us.