NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
Ready to join the future of innovation at NXP?
Become part of a highly talented and dynamic team that develops and tests MCUXpresso IDE tool, an E clipse-based development environment for NXP® MCUs based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores. The MCUXpresso IDE offers advanced editing, compiling, and debugging features with the addition of MCU-specific debugging views, code trace and profiling, multicore debugging, and integrated configuration tools. The MCUXpresso IDE debug connections support Freedom, Tower® system, LPCXpresso, i.MX RT-based EVKs, and custom development boards with industry-leading open-source and commercial debug probes from NXP, P&E Micro®, and SEGGER®.
As product engineer, you will be involved in the integration, packaging and testing MCUXpresso IDE tool. You will be exposed to different software technologies and software development phases.
- Integrate, package and test embedded software products
- Maintain and update installer and packaging scripts
- Coordinate and work with various global software and system teams to acquire components for product integration
- Work with product architect as well as global engineering team to produce testable layouts early in the development cycle
Our team is part of Edge Processing Software group and is responsible of development and testing of several tools in our portfolio, including MCUXpresso IDE. The entire team is located in Romania, but we collaborate with other local and global team members, while demonstrating independence in solving problems and agility in switching tasks as per customer priorities. We use Agile methodology for our products development and implement Continuous Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Deployment practices.
To be successful in this role you have :
- University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar
- Familiar with Eclipse environment and Java programming language
- Familiar with multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac).
- Team spirit, able to cooperate and learn from technical experts
- Good English command.
Some of the following skills would bring an advantage:
- Knowledge of Embedded Systems
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Understanding of how compiler/debugger/build system work
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language (such as Phyton), version control systems (such as GIT)